Summer Camp Information
How can I contact Camp Seahawk?
What are the hours of Camp Seahawk?
- You can reach Camp Director, Kim Broderick at 757-646-0244.
- Camp Seahawk is open from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Do you offer any options other than a full-week option?
- Camp Seahawk does not offer daily rates. Camp tuition is paid for a week and students are welcome to come one day or the full week. We do offer a half-day program for our K4 through K5 students that are from 7:00 am-12:00 pm.
- Incoming K3 students are invited to attend our camp. We are offering a 3-day-a-week program, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00 am- 12:00 pm.
What is the Registration Process like?
- We are very excited to offer an easy online registration system this year. Once you have read through all of the information on the page please click the registration link and follow the step-by-step instructions to enroll your camper(s). If you have any questions feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible to help you through the process.
- This year's registration will be based on the grade your camper is enrolling in the Fall of 2023. For example, if your student is currently finishing 6th grade, they will be enrolled in the 7th-grade group or if your child is finishing K3 currently they will be registered for the K4 group.
How many staff members per group?
- There will be 2 staff members per group to stay within our limits from the Department of Social Services. Off-Campus field trips will have more than 2 staff members per group.
How will you be practicing social distancing during the day?
As you can imagine with small children social distancing can be challenging. We want to assure you that every measure will be taken to ensure the health of everyone.
- We will be encouraging small group activities and individual PlayStations - both by rearranging rooms and with the toys and games offered to students.
- Lunches will take place in the classrooms, at field trip sites, or outside.
- Outside time will be staggered to ensure that no more than two groups are in one space at the same time.
- The same group of children and counselors will be with each other for the duration of the camp is open.
- In the event that even for a brief time we all have to be in the same area, ie. the gym or multipurpose area, the room will be divided into sections as outlined for us by Social Services to practicing proper Social Distancing, however, we do not see this having to happen.
What is cleaning like throughout the day?
- We have developed cleaning protocols for the staff to follow during the day that meets or exceeds both the standard state licensing requirements and recommendations for the CDC.
- The building, and especially the area the children are in, will be sanitized at the end of every day with products approved by the CDC.
How will you ensure that there are no children with symptoms in the building?
- Staff or children with a fever (100 F or higher), cough, or shortness of breath will be excluded from childcare facilities and isolated from others. Children with household members who are known to have COVID-19 will be excluded from the childcare facility.
- If a child is being kept home for any reason, but especially for any illness please call us at 757-646-0244.
- If a child or staff member develops symptoms of COVID-19 (fever of 100 or higher, cough, or shortness of breath) while at the facility, they will be immediately separated from the camp participants until they can leave the facility.
- Once checked in each child will immediately wash or sanitize their hands before being escorted to their designated room.
- Drop-offs and Pick-ups happen at the front desk. Guests will not be allowed to walk the building.
- We will bring the children to their rooms at drop-off
- At pick-up, the staff at the front desk will radio to the staff to bring the child(ren) to the front desk
What happens if a staff member or child tests positive for Covid-19?
- We will follow guidance from the CDC. Anyone showing symptoms such as fever (100.4° or higher), cough, sore throat, etc. will not be allowed to stay.
What will the children need to bring?
- Lunch that does not need to be heated
- Snack for the morning and afternoon that does not need to be heated
- Labeled Reusable water bottle
- K3 and K4 students need to bring in a blanket and things for a nap. This will be sent home on Friday of each week to be cleaned.
- Change of clothes, accidents happen! (We will let you know what days to prepare for water days!)
- No outside toys are permitted